Friday 18 September 2009

Little Girl's Hairstyles -Side pony with twist braids 20-30 min

I saw a version of this on a little girl, and I tried to recreate it. I'll never know how well I matched up, but I thought it turned out pretty ok! She slept in this (her idea!) and it still looked so good the next day, we left it in. So think on that when you start doing this and realize it's a little more time consuming than most. But beauty takes time, right!?
I started by parting off the bottom 3rd section of wet hair and clipping up the rest.
Divide bottom into 3 ponys.
Divide top 2/3rds in half
and then again into fourths.
Do a twist braid on the first pony on the bottom. Secure it, and then comb up first section on left to get it ready for a pony tail.
Then bring up twist braid into pony.
Continue this over, bringing first pony over into second set.
This is how I secured my twist braids.Make sure to sink the clip teeth into the braid.  I had my daughter hold it once, but she grew tired of doing that pretty darn quick.
When you bring up the twist braid, first I comb up the pony, then bring over the adjacent pony
and then add in the twist braid.
Continue over to the end, ending in a pony. I dried her pony,and then did corkscrew curls in the pony.
And I added some ribbon!
GORGEOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment