Friday 21 August 2009

Little Girl's Hairstyles - How to do a basic part

So, I am putting this in, because my husband is always asking me (when he's trying to help out and do the girls' hair.....which unfortunately has HAD to happen sometimes), "HOW do you part it?" So I thought, well, there might be others who want to know an easy way. SO here ya go: Start with the end of the comb like so.
And like so. I like the fat end of these combs, since they don't get tangled in the hair as easy as the narrow end.
Pull in whatever direction you need, straight, angled, zig zag. Use your other hand to separate the hairs away from the tip of the comb. I couldn't do that here because I don't have three hands.
Use your comb to pull hair away from part, and comb down. Don't worry, I had to repart this one to get it straight. It happens. All the time. If you are doing a zig zag, or the back of the head, only do one direction at a time. Part it off, comb the hair away from the part, and move on to the next section. Combing the hair away and spraying it with water will keep the hair out you don't want when you work on that section.
Voila. A semi-straight part. It's hard with one hand!To part down the back of the head, for two ponys, or whatever, see this post: Back Part

No comments:

Post a Comment