Friday 21 August 2009

Little Girl's Hairstyles -Small puffy braid 5 min

This picture is not the best for showing off the hair style, but it was the best I could get at the time. That's what happens when your model is 3 and full of sassafras.
This is what we started with. She had slept in the 2 side twists and braid (see previous post) and since she's always begging to leave her hair down, I decided to do this, since you don't have to get the hair wet, and it works well when you want to leave the rest down.
I used 5 elastics for this style. I first parted it on the side. I left it dry, but to get all those little fly away pieces around her face, I lightly sprayed the pieces with hairspray, and then combed them. To begin, part off a square section of hair.
Secure it with an elastic, keeping the pony to the far outer edge of the square. Then part off another square, but enlarging it on both sides evenly.  Secure with elastic, again to the outer corner.
Part off a third section, and repeat. I left a small section over her ear. I just prefer how this looks when you are leaving the rest of the hair down. I think it blends in better.
Finished first side.
Repeat on other side, but only with two sections.
I combed through her wavy hair with just my fingers, and sprayed very lightly with hairspray. You can't see the front from this angle, but I thought it showed how the front sectioning didn't take away from the back.
The goofy grin again along with the finished ponys. Since I used all different colored elastics, I didn't use any bows, but they do look cute with this style too. Of course, because bows are cute on little girls. Big bows. The bigger the better I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment