Wednesday 9 September 2009

Little Girl's Hairstyles -2 French braids with a stuffed bun 7-10 min

Let me just start this post with an apology for my pictures. I am most definitely NOT an expert in photograpy, so my pictures on this hair style were not the best. However, I am going to be posting a video on how to french braid soon. I just need to find the right cord....... I did attempt to show a basic instruction on french braiding here, so bear with me. Hopefully you'll get something (!!) out of this one. :)
I started with a wet head, and I did put some of my handy oh so generic gel in her hair. TIP* When putting in the gel, just get a small amount and rub it in your hands, and then distribute from the roots down. Comb it through well, so you don't end up with any sticky white areas.*  I parted the hair in 3 sections, and clipped the back out of the way.
I part off a small section and comb it out, and part into 3. Don't worry about the sections being too equal, since you will be adding hair into it.
 
I am doing an inside out braid here, and so I bring the first piece under.
    
Bring across the piece from the left.
   
And bring across the piece from the right again. This  is when you can start adding in hair.
    
This photo is a sad sad attempt to show you the hair I brought up from the right side and added into the piece I was holding.
    
Continue adding in pieces down to where the hair is parted off.
     
When I get to this point (and periodically) I comb out the pieces of hair I'm holding to smooth it out and keep it from getting tangled.
     
Braid until end of hair. Secure with elastic to hold.
        
Do same thing on other side.
            
After finishing both french braids, lay them off to the side, and comb out back to put into a pony.
               
Bring braids in and lay on top.  My poor little crumb had to cough.
                 
Put in pony, and pull through halfway for a stuffed bun. See my post for stuffed bun.
                    
I wish this picture was better, but hopefully you can see what it looks like.  Also, I am sorry if these pictures are always crazy and off centered. I've tried getting them straight. Twice. I'm done. I like to do hair, not live on the computer.
                                              
Back view with flower clipped in.
                          
Front view. FYI--I did this one before school no less! It really is a fast and easy one.
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment