Wednesday 9 September 2009

Little Girl's Hairstyles -Double twist braids with soft tousled waves 3-5 min

This is what I did with her hair the day after I did the corkscrew curls with the pull through ponys (see post).
We like to call this her mermaid hair, so she sported her Ariel swimsuit for the occasion.
Back view (post-Ariel). I don't think the pictures do these soft tousled waves justice. They look D-A-R-L-I-N-G. 
Top view of what the twists will look like.
To start, I used the same part from the pull through ponys, and finger combed it down, since I didn't want to pull out the curls.
I parted off two ponys, like this, leaving one small. This will be for your twist braids. I also sprayed hairspray on the pieces before I combed them into ponys, to smooth up the little baby hairs.
I did twist braids on both ponys, securing them down with a bobby pin until I was ready to join them in the other pony. See the label 'twist braid' to learn how to do these. Since the hair was dry, and harder to handle than when it's wet, I sprayed each section again with hairspray to make them stay in place as I was twisting the braids.
I parted off the rest of the larger side, and pulled in the two twist braids.
With a bow
Beautiful soft tousled waves! ( I don't know what's up with the color in these pictures--like I've said, I'm NOT a photographer.)
Here's another super fast option after sleeping in the corkscrew curls. Smooth down from the initial part, spray with a little hairspray, and stick in a headband. This is always her first choice for a hair style!

No comments:

Post a Comment