Thursday 27 August 2009

Little Girl's Hairstyles -Stick a pen in it

This is how my 3 year old comes down to breakfast every day. All smiles and hair.
Here's her breakfast. (yes, it's Life cereal)
Usually I ask her to run back up the stairs to get a ponytail for her hair so she can eat her breakfast, and not her hair. But today, I thought, 'well, we'll just stick a pen in it', since she was all ready to eat. Then I thought, "I'll take pictures of this!", since we probably do this way more often than most of the stuff on here, and hey, I'm a mom. I live in the real world. My kids don't wake up with 20 braids all done and sprayed. This is what we deal with at every meal if her hair is down. If we don't tie it back, she's wearing her food in her hair instead of ribbons.
I just comb it back (with fingers) to the base of her head.
Twist it
Pull it up and keep twisting around itself ending up top.
Grab your handy dandy pen and starting with the pointy end, face it towards her head and stick it in the top of the bun, angling it down as you push it in, scooping in that end up top. Push it down through the rest of the bun. If you don't get it the first time, try try again.
If you are fortunate enough to have a lid for your pen, now's a good time to recap it. This has come in handy on many occasions, especially when we are in a restaurant and her hair is down. Anything pointy and straight (and non lethal) will work. If you are at Chinese restaurant maybe you could ask for a chopstick. :)
Happy breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment