Thursday 27 August 2009

Little Girl's Hairstyles -Twisted laces 10-15 min

This was a first time attempt at an idea I had, and it turned out pretty alright I thought. Here's the back view. *NOTE* On this style, if your daughter does not have really long hair, don't twist the ponys when you bring them across. This will help keep the hair in better.
Of course, I began with wet hair. You can use hair gel on this one, just rinse your hands after, since sticky hands make putting in elastics harder. Just FYI. You'll need a handful of elastics for this.
Make a center part all the way down, and comb away from the part. You'll want to spray the hair frequently throughout this to keep it easier to handle.
Part off front section just before her ears, and then make two centered ponys.
Part off another equal sized pony below the first set. This pic shows me getting it ready for an elastic, and then bringing the cross pony over and twisting it. Do this in steps: First, spray down your cross ponytail, this helps it twist with one hand easier. Second, comb your new section and get it ready to put in an elastic. Third, grab the wet pony and twist it with the other hand, bringing it over to the new section.
Lay the twist on top and put in your elastic.
After the first set of twists is done, continue down her head. When you are combing off a new section, flip the ponytail above it over, to keep it out of the way. Make sure to spray each new pony, so you can twist it easily with one hand.  She's holding the piece out of the way here for me. Use those little extra hands if you need to! This one was tricky!
Do however many ponys look good, depending on your size of sections. I did four total on each side here.
I did twist braids on her bottom ponys. Spray again thoroughly with water, and divide pony into two.
Begin twisting both sides in same direction,
and then twist around each other in opposite direction.
Front view
And here's a different option for the back. I did this on my other daughter, but I only put in 3 ponys going down her head (time saver), and instead of twists, I put in another elastic down her pony. I tried spacing it down about the same as the ponys on her head. You can put in more, continuing down the hair, to what you judge to look right. Her hair is more curly, so I just twist the bottoms around my finger when it's wet, and spray with hairspray all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment