Thursday 27 August 2009

Little Girl's Hairstyles -Stuffed Buns 3-5 min

I just made this name up--and realized it sounds like something to eat. Funny. Probably because this is my most favorite thing to do on my girls' hair. It's really fast and easy, it stays in well, and I think it's super cute. My good friend showed me this, and I think it's such a handy trick.
Top view
I like to do an angle part to start with, but a side or center part works great too. Again, damp hair (and gel if you prefer) is what I start with.
After parting the top, I part down the middle in the back, using my thumb to get it in the middle (like in my older posts). I also spray the part and comb it away from the center here to keep stray hairs from the other side from getting in when I'm putting it up.
Here's where I get a little picky about combing the hair. I don't know if you can see the difference between how the hair looks in this picture and the one below, but I like it combed really smooth. I use the big teeth on the comb to comb the hair up from the base of the neck, so it doesn't pull on that sensitive area, but after it's combed up, I flip the comb around and use the small teeth to get it really even.
Put in your elastic and pull the last time through only halfway, leaving a long tail. This will only work well on longer hair. If you don't have enough of a tail to make another loop the same size as the first, it won't look right. See where I have my finger under the elastic here? This is where you lift it and stuff the hair back in.
After stuffing in ends.
After getting it stuffed in, you can pull and adjust the hair to make it not look like just two double loops (unless that's what you prefer).
Back
Side-spray well with hairspray, and put in snap barrettes in the back if you have shorter hair back there to hold in place.
This is really cute with bows placed right in front of the buns. This one was going outside to play in the sandbox so we opted no on the bows. This is how I do my girls' hair most days when they are just running around outside or playing. Thanks M.T. for this super trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment